Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Philly Cacophony!  I've lived in Philly for 15 years and have had the chance to visit a lot of local cafés to study, read a book, surf the internet, chat with a friend, or just to hang out.  I've decided to chronicle my adventures in this blog that will hopefully help you sift through the many cafés that this city has to offer.  I should mention that I don't claim to be a coffee connoisseur by any means...

You might be wondering, why review cafés?  Quite simply, I love hanging out at local urban cafés especially because its a great way to be a part of a broader community.  Traditionally, New York has been associated with cafés, probably popularized by the romantic portryal in popular media.  But the café culture in downtown Philadelphia has flourished over the last few years.  For greater analysis into this phenomon, check out this great article.

I hope to check out as many cafés as I can, so feel free to suggest cafés to visit, and I'll be sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment